The Moscow Institute of Architecture (State Academy) MARKHI welcomes international students to enroll for degree programs in Architecture and Urban Planning.
Our main task is to train highly qualified world-class specialists who are able to effectively apply their knowledge for the benefit of their countries.
MARKHI is hosting more than 100 international students, including undergraduates, graduate and exchange students from all over the world.
The academic year consists of two semesters starting in September and February.
Foreign students are placed in the groups together with Russian students and follow the general curricula and programs of MARKHI.
The education in MARKHI is in Russian language, the applicants must have a sufficient language skills to follow the educational programs.
Required Documentation for International Applicants
- Personal application.
- State document confirming the completion of a secondary education. The original and notarized copies of the document with the transcript of completed subjects with grades with a Russian translation.
- The original passport of the international applicant and a copy of the passport, translated into Russian and notarized.
- Certificate of recognition of the foreign state level of education and (or) qualification, issued by the Federal Service for Supervision of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (Rosobrnadzor).
- Medical report on the state of health, confirming the possibility of studying at the institute:
– medical certificate – U – 086;
– a certificate defining the applicant’s health group (for physical education);
– certificate of absence of HIV infection;
– conclusion on X-ray (fluorographic) examination of the chest organs.
- Copy of the visa to enter the Russian Federation (if a foreign applicant arrived in the Russia with an entry visa).
- Copy of the migration card.
- The applicant must have a temporary registration at the place of stay on the territory of Moscow or the Moscow region, regardless of whether he has citizenship of the Russian Federation or a residence permit of the Russian Federation.
- Medical insurance policy covering the period of studies at MARKHI (it is possible to purchase a policy at the Moscow Architectural Institute).
- 16 photos – 3x4cm (on matte paper).
- The results of entrance examinations in accordance with the established procedure for admission to the Moscow Institute of Architecture.
The absence of the required documents in the personal file of a foreign student may result in refusing to issue them a state-recognized diploma.